Monday, March 31, 2014

Opening Day 2014

March 31, 2013

Hi there...internet. Every year on this day, the holiest of days in the Church of Baseball, I talk about how I should've started a blog to accompany my crazy thoughts about baseball, football, favorite TV shows/movies, my inner nerd, celebrity crushes, my ridiculous adventures, love, and life. 

So, as I sit here staring at the gloomy wind/rain/hail outside my office window, I figured I might as well start this damn thing. Finally. People can no longer say I don't follow through. Ha, just kidding, a part of me will always be just a little bit flaky.

A little about me:
- I'm 33 (ugh, getting old)
- I'm a diehard SF Giants and 49ers fan; I like the Sharks but don't know hockey as well as the other sports I enjoy more; I've been a Lakers fan since my grandfather would visit me as a kid, and we'd watch basketball together
- I HATE the Seahawks...should be pretty obvious why
- I HATE the A's...well actually, let me rephrase that. I despise the majority of the fans, especially the ones that talk trash and don't know ANYTHING about their stupid team. 
- Not a fan of the Dodgers or Raiders either; I have a VERY strong aversion to Puig because he's the Prince of Douches
- I have amazing family/friends, I like my job, and I swear a lot
- I LOVE wine...and making my friends do shots of Fireball with me
- 2014 is the year I said I'd work on moderation in all things, as well as stepping out of my comfort zone in social situations so that my best friend, Pauline, doesn't get mad at me when I "don't ask people things" 
- I have a cat even though I allegedly hate cats, but mine is pretty cool...except for when it's being a big jerk

That should be enough for now, right? 

Anyway, my dream job has always been to be a beat writer for the Giants, so I have to start somewhere right? I'm so excited for the game tonight. I keep checking the clock as it slowly ticks forward to MadBum time. And before you wonder about my fandom and when it started, let me assure you that I've been a fan since my dad first took me to Candlestick Park as a kid. 

Some of my all time favorite Giants:
- Willie Mays
- Willie McCovey
- Barry Bonds
- Will Clark
- Matt Williams
- John Burkett & Bill Swift
- Rod Beck 
- JT Snow
- Robb Nen
- Barry Zito (don't judge me!)
- Buster Posey
- Hunter Pence
- Madison Bumgarner

I could think about this all day and the list would have at least 20 more names, but I should probably get back to work. 

GO GIANTS!!!

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment