Friday, April 4, 2014

Captain America 2

I got back from the movies almost two hours ago, but I'm still on a Chris Evans high. Can you blame me? 
Let's start from the beginning. My friends, Aimee and Erin, that I affectionately call my nerd friends (they're my San Diego Comic Con wing women) invited me to see the Captain America double feature - First Avenger and The Winter Soldier. Of course I agreed! I've watched the majority of Marvel movies with Aimee and it's a fun tradition to continue.

We were a little late, but at least I've already seen First Avenger. After getting some snacks, we headed in...I thought we were late enough to miss all of the mini CGI Steve Rogers scenes. Unfortunately not. Those scenes make me laugh so hard. I'm laughing just thinking about it. Anyway, watching that movie again in 3D was pretty awesome. Chris Evans is so perfect. Like wow.

There was a 30 minute break in between the first and second installments, so we all got the Captain America souvenir soda cup with shield keychain. Side note: there's a reason Americans are so damn fat. That was such a HUGE soda. Anyway, I digress...

First of all, the previews were so unbelievably kick ass. The new X-Men movie, SpiderMan 2, and Maleficent were among the ones that I'm dying to see. Marvel comics movies are so cool. I want to nerd out and binge watch them all one weekend. I may have time for that in June...I'm just so damn busy the next couple months. Not complaining though!

Without giving away any key plot points, here are my thoughts on The Winter Soldier:
- Scarlett Johansson is so...everything. She's gorgeous, seems smart, and best of all she is such a bad ass as Natasha Romanoff. I don't even mind her weird ass hair in the movie.
- Samuel L. Jackson is probably the coolest motherfucker. Ever. I love Nick Fury!!! 
- Anthony Mackie as new sidekick Sam was a great addition. His scenes as the Falcon were so cool, and he and Chris Evans had some nice bro moments.
- Chris Evans put on 20 pounds of muscle for this movie. Oh. My. Goodness. Damn, did it show. Drool. Plus, all of the fight scenes were awesome! 
Ok, one more (ish).
By the way, is he grabbing his junk?
- Oops, I got distracted. Moving on...Cobie Smulders has a slightly larger part in the second movie and SPOLIER!!! she even rescued Captain America and Black Widow in one scene. I almost forgave her for divorcing Barney, having hideous hair, and plotting against The Mother to get Ted back.
- Last but not least, my Sunday night girl crush, Emily Van Camp was another special surprise. I love love love Revenge, so it was nice to see her kicking a little ass again. Plus, she's just so damn beautiful. 

Make sure to stay to the very very end for the fun extra extras. Only a newbie/non-nerd wouldn't know to do that anyway. I'm so freaking excited for Avengers 2!!! When I got home, I watched First Avenger again on TV. My friend Chris said that I have a problem. I think he's right ;) 

One last, just because...
You're welcome, ladies. Gentlemen, just be happy I picked a picture where he's wearing clothes.

I'm going to continue to obsess now. Good night! 

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment