Sunday, April 6, 2014

SFGiants Games 6 & 7

Sup. I felt blogger's withdrawal yesterday since I didn't have time to recap the game. One of the things I love about baseball is the highs and lows. And because they play so much, it's generally easier to pull yourself out of your baseball depression. Clearly, I've wiped last season from my memory! (Not really.)

Recap of Saturday's game? Don't mind if I do...
- Celebrated my friend's birthday all day yesterday, so I was trying to be polite and be present, but I couldn't help myself so I turned the game on and talked about clothes, makeup, and gossip while keeping an eye on the game. Had a blast with my girl friends though!
- Madison Bumgarner pitched well and got his 50th career victory. He is 24 years old. I repeat, HE IS TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD. 
MadBum makes snot rockets sexy. Kinda.
- Bumgarner had a solid outing and struck out 10. I have a good feeling that he's going to have a kick ass year. Additionally, he always pitches well against the Dodgers. A definite plus.
- Michael Morse hit is first home run in a Giants uniform in the top of the 4th. 
-- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
- The top of the 5th inning was awesome. Madbum started it off with a single, followed by another single from the red hot Angel Pagan. After Hunter Pence flied out, Pablo Sandoval hit a three run home run. Yay, Panda! Batting next, Buster Posey wanted a piece of the action too and followed that with a solo home run. Back-to-back, y'all!
- Admittedly, I was bouncing around on Union St. in San Francisco from the 6th inning on, but even as I had a late boozy lunch with the girls and then cupcakes and champagne for dessert, I discretely keep an eye on my phone until the game was over.

Today's game:
I spent the day in Oakland with my best friend and my favorite boys. I love them all so much despite the fact that they're A's fans. Hey, no one is perfect! We were talking so much shit to each other, it was hilarious. I was so riled up when they jokingly talked about Eric fucking Sogard being the Face of the MLB. Jerks. Ha.

Anyway, I walked into my condo right in time to see Matt Kemp's home run off Matt Cain. Lovely. I was even more annoyed in the bottom of the 4th inning when HanRam hit a solo home run, and then Kemp hit a two run home run. All off Cain. I hate seeing teams, especially the Dodgers, tee off on our Rally Horse. 

I was pretty depressed because I really wanted to see our guys kick more Dodgers ass today. Side note: I HAD to watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones during the East Coast broadcast. I just had to. It's one of my favorite shows that I obsess over. I'm even going to do recaps of this season, just so I can geek out about it some more. 

In the top of the 6th, Brandon Belt homered off of Zack Greinke to finally put the Giants on the board. Three batters later, a cleanly shaven Pence also hit a solo home run. I was so happy I changed the channel in time to see that. I love him. You probably were unaware of that...

Another side note, I'm still so pissed that I forgot to check my fantasy baseball lineups this morning before 10am. I'm so competitive that I hate that I left FOUR, yes FOUR, starting pitchers on my bench. Get it together, Saturday.

In the bottom of the 8th, HanRam went yard again, this time off David Huff. It's so gross that he and Kemp both had two home runs against our pitchers today. Yuck. Even typing that made me feel dirty. And not in the good way!

Alas, the Giants were unable to complete the sweep of the Dodgers. Taking two out of three was pretty awesome though. Unhappy flight home, but our boys have the day off tomorrow before the home opener at the best ballpark in the MLB, our beloved AT&T Park. I can't wait to be back there, cheering our guys on in person with some amazing friends! <3

C U Next Tuesday ;)

xoxo,
JC


No comments:

Post a Comment