Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SFGiants Game 3

I didn't get to watch the game because of personal bullshit, but I feel like I cheated on the Giants! Regardless, I'm happy they won. 7 2/3 scoreless from Tim Hudson cheered me up quite a bit because when you're having a shitty day, it's nice when your one true love can cheer you up. Mine just happens to be the San Francisco Giants. We've been in an abusive relationship since birth ;)

Hudson was a true veteran and pitched a great game after a couple shaky starts from Madison Bumgarner and Matt Cain, as well as uneven and disappointing outings by the relief pitchers. Another positive was seeing that Michael Morse contributing offensively with an RBI double. Shocked that Brandon Belt didn't hit another home run (sarcasm). How cool would it have been to start the season with three home runs in three games though?

It's only game three, so there's no need to panic or get irrational (ha, if only) but I'm bummed that Hunter Pence remains hitless. Aside from Buster Posey, he's my favorite Giants player and I want to see him succeed. His bat will get hot soon enough because as we all know, he's crazy and won't let this last for too long.

Random tidbits:
- Tonight was Huddy's 206th win and is back in the lead for most wins for the active starters. I'll admit, I used to watch him in Oakland and I loved him back then too. Not as much as Barty Zito though :)
- Sergio Romo got his second save...that's what's up!
- Working from home tomorrow, so yay for live tweeting the game.

Okay, I need to cheer myself up now. Wine and last night's episode ought to do it. Good night and go Giants!

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment