Friday, April 11, 2014

SFGiants Games 9 & 10

Now that the 2-game losing streak is over, let's relive the two losses I watched in person, shall we? Ha.

Game 9 - Hunter Pence Bobblehead Night
My 2nd game in person was off to a good start - a Hunter Pence bobblehead in my possession and a double pour of wine in my hand is how my evening started.
Sat with my friends, Denise and Aura, so it was a good time, but I could probably sum this game up with the following two words: Fucking Goldshit. 

I was nervous about this Tim Lincecum start, more so than usual. Turns out, that negative feeling turned into the suckfest I witnessed. Lincecum gave up SEVEN runs in FOUR innings, including a 3-run home run by Paul Goldschmidt in the 1st inning. It was all downhill from there. Worth mentioning, however painful it is, that Goldshit has a .542 batting average against Timmy. Seven of his 13 hits are home runs and he has 17 RBIs. UGH, pure and total OWNAGE. I know I talk a lot of crap about him, but at least he's not an arrogant douche bag (ahem, looking at you Yasiel Puig). Goldy seems like a nice, humble guy, I just happen to dislike him, a lot.
Time to get rid of the 'stache, Timmy. PLEASE?

Random side note: I was pretty sad to see how quickly the ballpark emptied out. I've never left a game early, regardless of the score. Just saying.

Highlights of the game: Seeing Michael Morse's super far home run in the 2nd and Buster Posey's 3rd HR of the season in the 5th.     

Personal highlights of the game: Hanging out with two really awesome ladies, meeting a new twitter friend (hi @micko04), pulled pork nachos for dinner, and last but definitely not least...finding a wine kiosk close to my seats. 

Game 10 - Farewell to the Stick Scarf Night
I got to the ballpark early because I really wanted to get that scarf. It's so cute too, so I'm glad I got one. Furthermore, it's just mean to only give away 20,000 of any giveaway, given the absolutely rabid passion we Giants fans have for our team and the ridiculous giveaways.

The pregame ceremony was wonderfully done, as usual. Seeing 49ers players, current and from the past was fun. I wish they would've gotten some bigger names, but I'm glad Brent Jones was there. He was one of my favorites during the Steve Young era. I was nearly in tears when the Giants honorary guests were introduced - where do I even begin? Dave Dravecky was my childhood hero. I was madly in love with JT Snow for many years and he will always be one of my favorites. Humm baby Roger Craig was there too!
Finally, I get chills anytime I see Willie Mays and Willie McCovey. They are legends and we are so blessed that they are still a big part of the Giants organization.This is one of my favorite photos from the last game at Candlestick. 

I was hoping that Ryan Vogelsong wouldn't implode like Timmy did last night. He didn't have a great game, but he lasted longer than I thought he would after a rough first couple innings. Just *thinking* about this game still pisses me off. Pablo Sandoval, you're on my list. THE GIANTS SHOULD HAVE WON. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE INTO EXTRAS. IT'S PABLO'S FAULT. His error caused the D'Backs to tie the game, and he had a chance to fix his fuck up with the bases loaded but he screwed the pooch on that too. Ok, I'm done yelling. Just needed to vent for a little bit. 

Onto the game! 
- I love seeing Brandon Hicks contributing. He had an RBI single in the bottom of the 2nd. 
- I wanted to knee Goldschmidt in the nuts when he took Posey out. That was rough to watch. Don't hurt my Posey!!! ;)
- Angel Pagan has a hit in every game this season. He also has the best hair. Coincidence? I think not. 
- Michael Morse is definitely starting to feel at home at AT&T. He doubled and then scored when Brandon 2nd Best Hair Crawford also doubled in the 4th inning. Later, in the 5th inning, Morse hit a rocket to right off the bricks to send Sandoval and Posey home. That gave the Giants the lead until that fucking error in the 8th. 
- I was in the SRO in section 123. That is the best spot. I was totally fangirling and drooling over how close Pence and Posey were. Definitely check out the SRO sections when you get a chance. Awesome views from there!

I got to hang out with my friend Erin, caught up with my Giants buddy Michael, and met another tweep (sup @Barritz). I drank a lot, I ate very little, and had a lot of fun despite the loss. The Bart ride home was depressing, until I talked to two of my favorite people. They cheered me up and kept me laughing all the way home. 

I'm still mad at Pablo, but he did ok tonight, so I dislike him 10% less today. Going to recap Game 11 now, so be sure to read that as well. 

Have a great weekend and GO GIANTS!!!

xoxo, 
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment