Monday, April 7, 2014

The Voice Battles, Round 2.3

Dani vs Clarissa: Perfect
I LOVE P!nk. So much. Great song choice. Clarissa has a growl in her lower register that makes her sound sexy and unique at the same time. Dani has a nice voice too. There's a rich sound to it, but I prefer the tone of Clarissa's. 
My pick: Clarissa
Shakira's pick: Dani

Kat vs Dawn & Hawkes: Suddenly I See
I didn't recognize the other song options they had, so I'm glad they picked the KT Tunstall song. Interesting pairing, but I'm excited to see who will come out on top since I love them both. Dawn & Hawkes are so amazing, but Kat definitely overpowered them. There's something about her that irritates me though.
My pick: Dawn & Hawkes
Adam's pick: Kat

0 for 2 so far. Ha.

Music Box vs Melissa: Girl On Fire
Umm, her name is fucking music box. I can't. I just can't. These girls are going to bring the passion and attitude to whatever they sing. Music Box has a crazy strong voice, but I like the soft tone that Melissa brings to the song. Plus, she has a very powerful voice as well. I was excited to see their battle. Melissa always kicks up the glamour on performance day. She is gorgeous!
My pick: Melissa
Usher's pick: Melissa
Side note: As Usher was contemplating who to pick, Blake said "What would the fox say?" SO funny. I love that man.

Kaleigh vs Ryan: Easy
This is one of my favorite emo/depressing songs. Ever. I listened to it on repeat for longer than I'd like to admit after a break up a couple years ago. I still LOVE this song so much. And it still brings up weird memories of pain, hurt, and sadness but it moves me nonetheless. I was really hoping they'd do this song justice. After watching their entertaining performance, it's safe to say that I prefer the Rascall Flatts and Natasha Beddingfield version. I've also slipped into the shallow end of the depression pool. Ugh, stupid song. I thought both singers were mediocre at best. They sounded better in rehearsal.
My pick: Ryan
Blake's pick: Ryan

Brittney vs Jake: Climax
I think Jake is so cute, but there's no way either of these talented singers will sound anywhere as amazing as Usher. This song oozes so much sexiness, and I think both of them are missing the point. They didn't sound good together in rehearsal. Jake sounded decent with his falsetto, but his lower range was better. And oh-so-sexy. Brittney is beautiful, but I don't like her weird facial expressions when she sings.
My pick: Jake
Adam's pick: Jake
Side note: LOVED when Usher sang us a few lines of this song with his super sexy voice. GPP.

Bria vs Madilyn: I'll Stand By You
They chose my senior prom theme song. I feel old. I love this song though. Aww, remember the innocence and fun of high school? I miss that. Being an adult sucks sometimes. Usher is a great coach. His critiques and suggestions are usually so helpful. Bria has a great voice but she's too loud all the time. She doesn't have much range. I prefer the soft, yet strong, and sweet sound of Madilyn more. She has something special. I love her.
My pick: Madilyn
Usher's pick: Bria
Side note: I squealed with joy when Blake decided to steal her. Not that there was any doubt considering it was the last performance and he still had a steal left. 

Excited for the playoffs tomorrow! Top 20.

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment