Friday, April 4, 2014

SFGiants Game 5

I had a conference call during the first inning of the game. Generally the first inning can be boring and uneventful, but it wasn't today. Bummed that I couldn't cheer like a lunatic out loud the way I normally would if I were home alone and not on a work call.

Let's recap that inning, shall we?

It all started with a two out walk. It's been great to see the guys produce with two outs. Michael Morse singled and plated Pablo Sandoval and Buster Posey. After Matt Kemp fumbled the ball around, Morse was at second base. Up next, Mr. April Brandon Belt singled in Morse to make it 3-0. I was already pretty excited at that point. After an intentional walk to load the base to get to pitcher Ryan Vogelsong, he helped himself out and had a two RBI single, with Belt and Brandon Hicks scoring. And it didn't end there! Gloriously coiffed Angel Pagan continued his hot streak with a single that scored Joaquin Arias. After what felt like forever, the inning mercifully (for the Dodgers at least) ended after that. I wouldn't have minded a few more runs though. I mean, it's the Dodgers!

My wish was granted in the top of the 2nd when Hicks doubled and Posey scored. Soon after, Arias singled him home. I glad they both are getting playing time...I hope they both do well too! Sadly, the bats went to sleep after the 2nd inning. 

Vogey was doing ok until the Dodgers half of the 4th inning when Adrian Gonzalez and Andre Ethier hit back to back home runs. I honestly thought Bruce Bochy waited a little too long to pull Vogey out of the game. All scoring stopped in the 5th inning, as the Dodgers failed to close the gap and the final score was 8-4.

Other thing to mention is when Posey gunned down Ethier at second base when he was trying to steal. He was called safe. Boch challenged and the call was overturned, and rightfully so. The best part was when Ethier just walked over to the his dugout, knowing that he was out. He pretended to get water, but Kruk & Kuip definitely called him out on it and it was hilarious. 

Lastly, I'm worried that Vogelsong won't last through the season, but I'm hoping he will. Fingers crossed!

During all that, I found out my truck was ready. $500 later...I'm back on the road. Yay? Oh well. Life goes on. Time to continue watching Iron Man. Onto the next game!

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment