Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Voice Playoffs 1.3

Playoffs Episode 3, Team Usher
TJ: Tell Me Something Good
I've loved him from the beginning. I was hoping he'd do well tonight and make it to the live rounds. He did not disappoint. He has a humble, yet confident, way of performing that draws you in (unlike Sisaundra, who just keeps alienating me with each performance). Plus, he has a great smile!
My verdict: Going first is tough, but I think he has the talent needed to move to the next round. 

Gratuitous Adam Levine picture #1
 

MJ: Halo
I thought this was an excellent song choice. The only problem is that most singers can't touch Queen Beyonce. MJ sounded good, especially at the chorus, but I wanted more from her. She had a few really great moments and ended well, but all in all, I didn't like her performance that much.
My verdict: She's beautiful. She's an incredible singer, but I think the rest of her team will overshadow her and Usher will not select her. 

Gratuitous Adam Levine picture #2 (I LOVE GIFs)

How freaking adorable is this? I could watch this all day...just sayin'.

Stevie Joe: The Thrill Is Gone
First off, I don't know this song very well so it was hard for me to have a vested interest in his performance. I was a little bored. I like him, but he needs to show more personality in order for me to be a bigger fan.
My verdict: I kinda hope not.

Side note: googling "Adam Levine The Voice gifs" was probably not the best idea. I'm obsessed now. With the gifs, obviously not the Adam Levine obsession. That's been going on for YEARS <3

Omfg, Adam with a puppy. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Excuse me, it's cold shower time ;)

Bria: Wild Horses
I love this song choice. My favorite judge did an unplugged version of this song with Alicia Keys. It was amazing. And so was Bria. Her voice is so beautiful. I love the growl she has in her voice. It's so sexy and strong.
My verdict: Best performance on Usher's team so far. There's no way she won't be at the live shows. 
Side note: Adam doing stretches in front of Usher was so funny.

Okay, last Adam gif. I promise. Check out that dimple though. Oh my...

Josh: It Will RainI've been such a big fan of his since the Blind Auditions. His soulful voice is so wonderful. Josh chose another amazing song. It is one of my emo favorites - another song that I can listen to over and over again. His performance almost made me cry. The mark of a great performer is their ability to move their audience. Mission accomplished. It was so, so good.
My verdict: He HAS to move on. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Usher's decisions: Bria, Josh, TJ

Great choices by Usher. Those three were my favorites. Excited for the Top 12 to perform!
Bye bye for now...

xoxo,
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment