Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Voice Battles, Round 2.2

Still jockeying for that job at EW.com as a TV recapper, obviously. Here we go!

Biff vs Sisaundra: It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World
These two powerhouse vocalists picked the perfect song for them to showcase their amazing gifts. I was excited to see this battle! Bummed that Sisaundra wasn't wearing HUMONGOUS earrings again. Those were a sight to behold. From the 1st note to the very end, this was one of the best performances I've seen on this show, ever. Biff and Sisaundra are so good, I'm almost at a loss for words. They BOTH deserve to move onto the playoffs. Fingers crossed for a steal for whomever Blake doesn't pick. Like Usher, their performance gave me chills. I watched it twice. WOW.
My pick: Biff
Blake's pick: Sisaundra
Side note: I was super sad that Adam didn't steal Biff :( I'm a little heartbroken. Congratulations to Sisaundra though. She truly is a once in a lifetime talent.

Ddendyl vs Deja: Say Something
I'm not a huge fan of Christina Aguilera, but her voice on this song was so beautiful and haunting. The best part is how subdued her voice was for once. These poor girls were both so nervous that I felt bad for them. The whole time I kept thinking that they both need to sing a little louder because I could barely hear them. It might have been the wine. It's hard to hear this song and not want hear an XTina level voice, or at the very least that duo that won X-Factor.
My pick: Deja
Shakira's pick: Deja

Emily vs Kristen: I Can Love You Better
Shakira's pick: Deja
Side note: We didn't get to see this battle in it's entirety. I hate not seeing more of Kristen. She's my underdog favorite artist.

Stevie Jo vs Morgan: Story Of My Life
Morgan had a sexy rasp to his voice, but when I wasn't watching and was only listening, I enjoyed Stevie Jo's voice more. Morgan had some terrific moments though. This one is a toss up for me. Not a fan of 1D, so I definitely agree with Adam's assessment that this manly version was better.
My pick: Stevie Jo
Usher's pick: Stevie Jo
Side note: Adam was so cute when he stole Morgan. I'm glad he's getting one more shot. That leaves Blake with the only steal left.

Looking forward to next week's episodes - one more round of battles and then playoffs! 

xoxo,
JC 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment