Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SFGiants Game 2

Hey y'all. Game two of our young baseball season was off to a much better start, and then it crumbled miserably. But first, let's talk about me ;) I work about 15 miles away from home and it was a fucking scary drive on 680. It was raining so hard that I could barely see more than five yards in front of me. Happy I survived!

Moving on...the top of the 1st inning was awesome. Buster Posey's RBI single was followed by a strike out by Michael Morse. Brandon Belt's 3-run home run took the heat off of Hunter Pence and Morse's unproductive outs. Ironic that I said yesterday that I was worried about Belt offensively. I hope he can keep this up. Not so much the power hitting, but at the very least, consistency at the plate. Please please please? Bottom of the first...not as much fun. Can't believe Matt Cain gave them two runs back. I blame Goldshit. Cain did a good job getting a grounder for the double play. I was a little nervous our defense wouldn't turn it, but I'm starting to gain confidence in our guys, especially after seeing Brandon Crawford and Belt's nice plays in the 2nd.

The bottom of the 4th inning was so frustrating. I was swearing at my TV a lot. The umpires had about 1,000,000 missed calls that half inning. Ok, maybe just four. First, they missed the call on the pick-off attempt. Belt tagged him out. Bruce Bochy challenged the play and they took FOREVER to uphold the original call - second mistake. Third, was that *really* a passed ball on Posey? Further, Cain DEFINITELY tagged A.J. Pollock out at the plate - fourth mistake. But of course, Boch couldn't challenge because of mistake number two. Already not a fan of replay since the Diamondbscks were gifted that run. On the other hand, I applaud our skipper for challenging that close play. So far, he's already better than Jim Harbaugh with challenges. [insert Harbaugh facepalm]

Quick break to discuss what I had for dinner tonight. And yes, I'll probably discuss this every day so get used to it. I had the vegetable biryani with vegetable dumplings from Trader Joe's for dinner. It was delicious, but only because I added some chicken cooked in masala sauce. I'm convinced that if I don't have protein with my dinner, I'll be hungry again later, hence the chicken. It was really tasty, I suggest you try it. Back to baseball now...

I was not happy when the D'Backs took the lead at the bottom of the 6th. Juan Guttieriez was unimpressive. Goes to show that anyone with that last name is not good for the Giants. Please bring back Hottie McHots. I mean, Heath Hembree <3 Or that Greek god with the nice man ass, our very own George Kontos. On a more serious note, I can't wait to have Jeremy Affeldt back. I love him as a person, such a caring man with a great personality, and while I don't believe as strongly as he does, I applaud the strength of his faith. The Giants sorely need him in the bullpen. 

In summary, that was a rough game. Trying to pinpoint the major issue and I'm going to go with the offense. After that 4-run 1st inning, the bats went dead. Wade Miley (I came in like a wrecking ballllllllll) shut them down. It was very disappointing.

Our bullpen needs to improve...and do so quickly! Two down, 160 to go. At this rate, I'm probably going to age 10 years by the season's end. Win, lose, or torture I love these guys.

See you tomorrow. 

xoxo, 
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment