Monday, April 14, 2014

The Voice Playoffs 1.1 & 1.2

Playoffs, Episode 1 - Team Blake
Audra: Broken Wing
I don't remember much about her but she chose a great song to showcase her strong and beautiful voice. She was at her best towards the end when she hit her power notes.
My verdict: I won't be sad if she doesn't make it to the live shows.

Ryan: Second Chance
I love him. He had a great voice, cute family, and seems like a great guy that you want to root for. Wasn't sure he chose the best song, but he took a risk and did such a great job. This performance made me like him even more.
My verdict: Hope to see you in the finals, dude!
Side note: Humble Adam is so fucking adorable. I watched that part at least three times. So cute.
Madilyn: Clarity
Great song that could've been so amazing with her unique sound, but she wasn't in her comfort zone. She was a little bit awkward, but this time, it didn't work in her favor. She sounded out of breath and a little too reserved (boring). She's so adorable, but it definitely wasn't as good as we've seen in previous performance.
My verdict: Sorry sweetheart :(

Jake: Anywhere With You
If you don't love Jake, you must be dead inside. He's so lovable, sweet, and all around what I expect Southern boys to be like. His voice is so perfect for country music. He just keeps improving! I'd listen to his songs for sure.
My verdict: I'm hoping his great personality gets him to the finals.

Sisaundra: New York State Of Mind
Without a doubt, she is unbelievably talented, but I kind of hated this performance. I like the song, but the way she sang it was wayyy too overdone for my taste and I did not enjoy it. People can perform a powerhouse vocal without that screechy sound that irritates my ears. Tessanne did it beautifully. I just don't like too many riffs and runs.
My verdict: Fine. Whatever. Please sing a different style in the live shows.
Side note: "Where I come from, runs are a bad thing..." - Blake Shelton

Blake's decisions: Sisaundra, Audra, and Jake <3

I'm glad Blake kept Jake, but was surprised that he chose Audra over Ryan. I finished this episode perfectly on time to start the live episode. Onto the next!

Playoffs, Episode 2 - Team Shakira, Team Adam
Team Shakira
Kristen: Two Black Cadillacs
We FINALLY get to see a full performance for the first time since Blinds. I freaking love her voice. Her look. Her confidence. The way she performs. Everything. I'm already a huge fan. She killed it. I might cry if she doesn't make it. Ha.
My verdict: Yes, please!

Deja: Battlefield
She sounded wonderful, but it was still a little boring. I know the coaches mentioned that it's good that she is growing, but I wanted more personality and attitude. She is going to be famous beyond this show though. She's too talented not to.
My verdict: She will go far, but this is the end of the line for her on the show.

Tess: Human
First off, she's beautiful. Second, she can SING. That note she held in the middle - WOW. Her performance was so impressive. I really like her now, she never stood out too much to me before.
My verdict: She definitely deserves to make it to the next round. 
Side note: Adam impersonating Blake was so funny. One of the best bromances on TV, alive and well. This is one of my favorite moments of Season 6.
Patrick: Trouble 
Excellent choice! This song is so emotional and I think it's perfect for a strong, gravelly voice like his. I had high hopes for his performance and he did not let me down. The passionate way he sang the song drew me in and I loved it. 
My verdict: The show needs a voice like his. I hope Shakira picks him. 
Side note: I could watch a show of Blake and Adam just arguing and talking shit to each other for an hour. I love them. I think we need another picture now. 
Omfg, they are just too cute.

Dani: The Edge Of Glory
I thought it was great that she played the piano while singing. I'm definitely not coordinated enough for that. The first part of the song was lacking excitement for me. Her voice is so good and I'm glad she showed it towards the end. So much emotion and passion, how could you not enjoy that?
My verdict: Great way to end the Team Shakira performances, but I don't think she'll go through to the next round.

Shakira's decisions: Tess, Kristen, and Dani

I wish she would've kept Patrick over Dani, but I see why Shakira chose her. The live shows are going to be so good!

Team Adam
Delvin: Let's Stay Together
Hearing Adam singing a few lines of this song made me so happy. Cold shower needed, stat! ;) Delvin's voice is so smooth and buttery rich. I could listen to him all day. He just has that soulful and soothing sound that reminds me Motown R&B. I LOVE HIM.
My verdict: I will lose my shit if Adam doesn't choose him. 

Jake: She Will Be Loved
First off, he's so freaking hot. Second, he's singing Maroon 5. 
I think part of the appeal with Jake is when he gets into that part of his voice when he sounds like Justin Timberlake. It's something that not all singers can do, so it's so lovely when you hear that special tone.
My verdict: Please? Please! Please. We need a hottie in the next round.

Kat: Open Arms
Oh my...Open Arms is perhaps one of my favorite love songs ever, if not my #1. Steve Perry absolutely sang the shit out of this song. I had VERY high expectations from Kat. She has a great voice, but I think she sounded a little flat in some parts. I think what's missing for me is the softness in her lower register. She's always on full throttle. I wish there was a little more vulnerability to her voice. It sounded more like Heart than Journey. I wanted to hear her performance and feel something and I did not. Having said that, she is an undeniable talent. She rocks!
My verdict: She deserves to move on. I want more Kat.

Morgan: Stay
I like that he picked this song and showed a different side of his personality. He sounds great, but he can't compete with the rest of his team. They are all just too amazing. Nonetheless, Morgan should continue down the country path. That's definitely his niche.  I'd like to see if he can continue to improve.
My verdict: He won't make it to the live shows, but I think he needs to definitely continue to pursue a singing career.

Christina: I Won't Give Up
Another awesome choice. Jason Mraz's voice is so unique and wonderful. Christina definitely didn't disappoint. She put her own spin on it and was so beautifully invested in the song. I almost cried, she was so very good. She has what I feel Kat and Dani are missing - she can sing high, low, soft, loud, powerful, and tender. Top contender!
My verdict: She needs to be in the live rounds. I think she could definitely win.
Side note: Blake and Usher making fun of Adam's "smallness" was hilarious. I think this calls for another gratuitous Adam Levine photo. Don't judge me.
And because I chose a fully clothed one, this delectable treat is for the ladies. And me, of course. 
Adam's decisions: Christina, Delvin, and Kat

Excellent choices by Adam, they were definitely the top three on his team. I can't wait for the finale of the playoffs with Team Usher. 

xoxo,
JC




No comments:

Post a Comment